General information about the Convention of States (COS) Project. Thomas Sowell said, ""The political left has been especially vehement in its denunciations of what they call “messing with the Constitution.” A recent proposal by Gov. Greg Abbott of Texas to hold a constitutional convention of states has been denounced by the Texas branch of the American Civil Liberties Union and nationally by an editorial in the liberal USA Today. The irony in all this is that no one has messed with the Constitution more or longer than the political left, over the past hundred years. This began with progressives like Woodrow Wilson, who openly declared the Constitution an impediment to the kinds of “reforms” the progressive movement wanted and urged judges to “interpret” the Constitution in such a way as to loosen its limits on federal power.States are applying for a Convention of States to (1) roll back the power and authority of the Federal Government to the limited purposes defined by our Founders, (2) Require fiscal sanity, and (3) limit the terms of elected and appointed federal officials (including the Supreme Court).
- Learn how the States will rein in the Federal Government by using Article V of our Constitution.
- Learn why an Article V COS is NOT a "Constitutional Convention."
- Learn what Amendments will and will NOT be allowed at this Convention.
- Learn why the requirement for 3/4ths of the States to Ratify any Amendment cannot be changed at the Convention.
- Learn why Amendments to the Bill of Rights are strictly off-limits.
All Reasonable Questions will be answered. Attendees will be given an opportunity to become leaders in this exciting movement.
7PM Monday, January 25th - Ricardo's - Corner of West Flamingo and South Decatur
All are welcome!
4930 W Flamingo Rd
Las Vegas, NV 89103
Google map and directions