The 2015 American Values Survey was released yesterday by the Public Religion Research Institute, and the results are bleak: Americans overwhelmingly believe their country is headed in the wrong direction. Here are some high(low)lights.
- More than seven in ten (72%) Americans believe that the country is still in a recession.
- Forty-nine percent believe America's best days are behind us (an 11% increase).
- Forty-eight percent of Americans believe crime is a major problem in their community (up from 33%).
- A majority (53%) of Americans say that American culture and way of life has mostly changed for the worse since the 1950s.
- Only about four in ten (42%) Americans say the government looks out for the needs and interests of people like them either somewhat or very well.
This isn't how it has to be. We the People can once again have a government and a country we can be proud of. It won't happen easily or overnight, but the Founders have given us the tool to restore our liberties and preserve freedom for generations to come.
An Article V Convention of States can propose constitutional amendments that limit D.C.'s ability to destroy the freedoms we hold dear. These amendments can help our economy by forcing Congress to be fiscally responsible and curb the power and jurisdiction of our overreaching federal agencies.
It's time to turn this country around. Click here to get involved.