As the State Information Analyst (SIA), you will be reporting to the COS State Director with support from the Chief Information Officer of Citizens for Self‐Governance. The State Information Analyst (SIA) provides information systems and data support to the state’s leadership team. The leadership team is currently comprised of a State Director, a Coalitions
Director and a Legislative Liaison.
In order to develop a state level information strategy, the state leadership teams need both information from and technical support for the grassroots in that state. The SIA will be tasked with extracting “business intelligence” from within NationBuilder, and provide it to the state leadership team to support their primary mission of filing a Convention of States Application, and ratifying amendments to the Constitution. NationBuilder is a highly capable campaign software that will allow us to leverage the information obtained and contained when we effectively use it. When at full capacity, we intend to have 50 SIA’s.
- Organizational and legislative reporting and analysis related to goals, objectives, effectiveness and productivity Volunteer and Supporter recruiting, reporting and analysis.
- Becoming the state leadership team's "Nationbuilder Expert”.
- Maintaining the state's Nationbuilder database. This means performing routine maintenance which includes merging duplicates, setting permissions and updating profiles and resetting passwords.
- Help the state leaders to segment grassroots supporters, petition signers, and volunteers in order to optimize engagement for each of these segments. This includes working with District Captains to help them segment their grassroots team and to develop an effective workflow for them.
- Ensure that the state leadership team is leveraging NationBuilder to the fullest extent in order to maximize the grassroots pressure that is put on state legislators to pass the appropriate COS legislation.
The Convention of States Project is seeking a State Information Analyst who has a number of years
working with databases, information systems and interpreting data. Previous career experience ideal.
- Must be a team player and leader with good people skills.
- Must be a supporter of the Convention of States Project.
- Must be comfortable with using use Boolean logic, spreadsheets and applying analytic skills to practical use.
- Ability to identify Nationbuilder shortcomings, bug fixes or opportunities to further improve it.
Expected commitment level: 30 - 40 hours per month
Step 1: Provide the information below and hit the"Update Info and continue"button.
Step 2: Complete the 5 question State Information Analyst survey that follows.
Step 3:We will be in contact with you shortly.
Important: Your application is not complete until you finish the 5 question survey that follows.